Tuesday, August 09, 2005

New Biography of Martha Washington

The more I've learned about George Washington, the more I appreciate just how crucial he was in the successful creation of our country.

A new biography of Martha Washington has just been published. Rather interesting, the new cover painting of Martha at age 25 was created with the aid of computerized "regression" of a portrait of Martha at an older age. It saddens me to think of the great history lost when she destroyed her lifelong correspondence with George upon his death.

A link to the book is here.

I also highly recommend an older book, Mount Vernon Family by Elswyth Thane. I was especially interested to learn about the parental role George played with his stepchildren and grandchildren.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older