Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Christmas Music: The Glorious Sound of Christmas

Christmas music is one of my great interests. I have a collection of Christmas CDs, LPs, and cassettes which is larger than I would probably be willing to admit in public :). I hope to call attention to some of my favorite recordings over the next few weeks, in hopes a reader might make a new discovery which will add to the enjoyment of Advent and Christmas.

THE GLORIOUS SOUND OF CHRISTMAS, with Eugene Ormandy conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra and Temple University Choir, is my all-time favorite album of religious Christmas music. To me, this album means "Christmas." Check out the 10 five-star reviews on Amazon.

I also enjoy Ormandy's JOY TO THE WORLD, but THE GLORIOUS SOUND OF CHRISTMAS is in a league of its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older