Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas Music Revisited

'Tis the season for one of my favorite things...Christmas music!

I hope all my readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. As we begin to gear up for the Advent season, I thought I'd re-post links to my blogging of last December on Christmas music. There are many musical gems linked in these posts.

I started off last November 29th writing about one of my all-time favorite Christmas albums, THE GLORIOUS SOUND OF CHRISTMAS with Eugene Ormandy conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra (see subject link). If you own only a couple of Christmas albums, this should be one of them.

Bing Crosby was next on my list, and then Dean Martin. Links to what I consider to be their best Christmas albums are included in each post.

Amy Grant's wonderful albums were described December 10th, and I closed out the season on December 23rd with a post on some of last year's new additions to our collection, including CDs by LeAnn Rimes, Patty Loveless, Johnny Cash, and Bobby Darin.

Last December 26th I picked up a number of new titles in Tower Records' annual half-price Christmas music sale, which I'll be listening to for the first time over the next month. (Alas, there is not likely to be a Christmas sale this year, as Tower Records will soon shut its doors forever.) Among the new-to-me albums on my play list are Diana Krall, the Glenn Miller Orchestra, the Oak Ridge Boys, and the Trapp Family Singers -- an eclectic group!

I also recently picked up Dianne Reeves' Christmas album after hearing her sing in GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK.

Enjoy a wonderful Advent and Christmas season!

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

That Bing Crosby album is one of my favorites. I listen to KMOZART in the car all the time and so this year I have picked up at Borders their 2006 Christmas album. All the numbers are performed by either the London Symphony Orchestra or the London Philharmonic Orchestra. Just beautiful!!!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'll look for that KMOZART album later this week, many thanks for the tip. :)

Best wishes, Laura

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older