Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Today at Disneyland

Today was our family's annual all-day Christmas visit to Disneyland. We start off by splurging on breakfast at River Belle Terrace. Who can resist Mickey pancakes?


Some of the elaborate decorations in New Orleans Square. Upstairs are the windows of Club 33.


Sleeping Beauty Castle:


Flowers at the New Orleans Train Station:


We enjoyed cookie decorating at Big Thunder Ranch:


A blurry but beautiful Christmas tree:


One of my favorite Christmas memories of Disneyland is from working there during my college years. I loved walking down Main Street at night, after the park was closed, and having the tree and Christmas music all to myself.

My youngest son had a major thrill when he was one of the children chosen for the Jedi Training Academy. He battled Darth Maul. He is still floating. :) A good time was had by all.

4 Comments:

Blogger jau said...

Fantastic pancakes! And how fabulous for your son. Thank you for sharing these moments.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On special occasions, my father made us pancake people. I hadn't thought of that in years; your pictures reminded me...thanks!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

My daughter and I went to Disneyland yesterday for the afternoon and evening. She treated me (!) to dinner at Cafe Orleans and we split the ever famous Monte Cristo Sandwich. I had not yet seen the parade and she had not seen the fireworks. We also watched the Jedi Training ... what a fabulous show that is, especially when Darth Maul and Darth Vader come up. How fun for your son :)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

So glad you have all enjoyed. :)

Irene, happy you could also have such a nice day at Disneyland this month. It was nice and uncrowded today, hope it was the same for you. The weather was beautiful.

My little boy is a major STAR WARS nut -- his eyes were as big as saucers when we watched part of the show this morning. When we went back later and he got to participate, he said it was like a Christmas present. :)

Laura

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older