Thursday, February 01, 2007

Today's Field Trip: American Girl Place

Today my youngest daughter and I made our first pilgrimage to American Girl Place at The Grove in Los Angeles.


It was a wonderful experience. Lunch in the cafe was charming. Chairs and a teacup and saucer are provided for each doll. They even have "loaner dolls" for any girl eating in the cafe without her own doll. And the food was truly excellent!

Below, Samantha enjoys her tea while cinnamon bun appetizers are served.


Dessert! Chocolate mousse in a flowerpot along with a heart-shaped miniature cake and a cookie.


The store was a veritable American Girl museum. We had such fun carefully perusing all the displays of the dolls and their outfits -- and of course, making a special purchase or two to bring home. :)

There are only three American Girl Place stores in the country; the others are in Chicago and New York. I highly recommend taking the time to visit if you know a young lady who enjoys American Girls; it is well worth the effort.

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I have always enjoyed the American Girls series. We have all the books in the library at the school where I work and I have read several of them (never too old to read a good children's book!)

My daughter who is now 22 was never into dolls like this. She loved Barbie, though. I have heard of this place and it looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the photos. I have not yet had a chance to visit The Grove but it is on my last of places to go.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I recommend visiting even if you don't know a little girl to take -- the food was delicious! I had never been to the Grove -- it reminded me of the Disney-MGM theme park in Florida. Wonderful Art Deco signs, etc. We were on a tight schedule yesterday, but I'll definitely be returning in future to explore the rest of the Grove. I understand there is a cookbook bookstore (Cook's Library) on nearby 3rd Street which I'd also love to visit.

I completely agree about children's books! :)

Best wishes, Laura

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older