Sunday, March 11, 2007

New on DVD: The Alice Faye Collection

February 20th saw the release of a wonderful new set of Alice Faye movies. The eye-catching box includes her films ON THE AVENUE, LILLIAN RUSSELL, THAT NIGHT IN RIO, and THE GANG'S ALL HERE.

THE GANG'S ALL HERE in particular is a must-see, with its vivid Technicolor, plus Carmen Miranda numbers directed by Busby Berkeley, with Benny Goodman on the side. That's entertainment. :)

I don't think I've seen THAT NIGHT IN RIO, costarring Don Ameche and Miranda, so I'm really looking forward to that one in particular.

Extras include commentaries, featurettes, deleted scenes, and samples of Alice's radio shows with husband Phil Harris.

March 16th Update: A review by Glenn Erickson at DVD Savant.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bijoy said...

hey there i too like to watch The Alice Faye Collection. kewl cleection you have nice blog like to visit more often be in touch .



regards Biby - Blog

10:20 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I like the way they did the cover as it really catches the eye. I will have to put this on my list :)

10:51 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

If you happen to be a Costco member, I saw it there for $29.99 -- I also saw a $10 coupon from their circular. I really debated buying it but I think I'm going to borrow the copy my dad bought. :)

Best wishes, Laura

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older