Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today at Disneyland

It was a beautiful summer day today at Disneyland. We went out for just a few hours...we're waiting to do the Submarine Voyage on the next visit, as my husband has been out of town. We want to experience it for the first time as a family. (The line was over 2 hours long this morning!)

We went on Small World, Jungle Cruise, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, and just had a nice time walking around and taking in the sights, such as this Monorail with a Submarine paint job (click photos to enlarge):


King Triton's Pool looked so inviting we wanted to jump in:


It wouldn't be a Disneyland post without a closeup of some of the beautiful seasonal flowers:



Here's a fun article from earlier this week about the "third shift" which works overnight at Disneyland. Some of my fondest memories from my years working at the park are of being in the park when it was closed. After hours you can hear "I'm Wishing" from Snow White's Wishing Well echoing all the way over to Carnation Gardens...it's a neat effect, as normally you have to be standing right next to the well to hear Snow White singing.

One year I also participated in the early morning canoe races around Tom Sawyer Island...it's hard work paddling twice around the island, as fast as you can, but it's also a very special privilege.

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Loved that article about the third shifters. Even though I practically grew up at Disneyland, I never worked there. Kind of sorry now that I didn't. I've heard how much fun those canoe races were :)

Wonderful shots. The flowers are so lovely right now. But then they always are.

I have now finished my trip report. My special surprise at the end of the report is about the subs :)

PS The Ken that commented on your earlier post. I checked out his blog and lo and behold I realized he was Ken of Kenversations of Laughingplace. Then I remembered that he worked with a longtime childhood friend of mine for Los Angeles County. It is indeed, a small world!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I just finished reading your trip report -- how wonderful you had that surprise trip on the subs!! The MiceChat trips look like fun.

Sometimes I think it might be fun to go back and work part-time at Disneyland again, somewhere like Disneyana, but I think I'd end up spending my earnings on Disney merchandise, LOL.

It surely is a small world!! Thanks for sharing --

TTYS,
Laura

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older