Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tonight's Dessert: Lemon Jello Cake

This cake recipe is a family favorite which was handed down from my grandmother and my great-aunt. I don't believe I've ever seen it in a cookbook -- perhaps because it includes a cake mix in the recipe -- but it's available many places online. I include one such site at the subject link.

This makes a great summery dessert.

Ingredients:

1 package lemon cake mix (I use Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme)

1 3 oz. package lemon Jello

3/4 cup water

3/4 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs


Mix all together for 4 minutes.

Bake in a 9 x 13 pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

When cake comes out of the oven, immediately poke it all over with a fork. Then pour over the cake a glaze consisting of:


2 cups sifted powdered sugar

mixed with

2 lemons -- juice and grated zest

Cool before serving.

Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Yum. Now I'm hungry :)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

: :)

If you try it out sometime, let me know how your family likes it!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:01 PM  
Blogger Caftan Woman said...

Can't wait to try this on the weekend. Thank you so much.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hope you enjoy it! It's so moist. Can't wait to cut into ours after dinner tonight. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older