Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Christmas Music: Kristin Chenoweth

If Fall is just a few days away, Christmas can't be far behind...gulp!

One of my favorite things about Christmas is Christmas music, and I'm always on the lookout for interesting titles to add to my (extensive) collection.

I think I've found a good addition for this year: Broadway-TV star Kristin Chenoweth is releasing a Christmas album, A LOVELY WAY TO SPEND CHRISTMAS, on October 14th.

The track list is appealing, including "Christmas Island," which I don't believe I've ever heard anyone perform other than the Andrews Sisters.

Chenoweth, who previously appeared on THE WEST WING and is currently Emmy-nominated for PUSHING DAISIES, is a veteran of many Broadway musicals, including her Tony-nominated role as the original Glinda in WICKED.

According to an interview in yesterday's USA Today, Chenoweth has written a memoir, A LITTLE BIT WICKED, which will be released next spring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Thanks for this heads up. I really like her voice and look forward to this album. She has done some singing on Pushing Daisies :) (which I purchase yesterday)

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older