Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bret Baier Named Anchor of Special Report

Today was Brit Hume's last day anchoring SPECIAL REPORT on Fox News Channel.

I'm sad about Brit's departure, as SPECIAL REPORT has been a constant in my life for over a decade. He truly was "fair and balanced."

I haven't actually seen today's show yet, as we were visiting relatives to celebrate Christmas, but I'll be watching it tomorrow. The last few minutes of the show can be viewed online.

Today Fox announced that Brit's Friday fill-in, Bret Baier, will be the show's permanent host. Bret's a nice guy, but somehow he's not who I envisioned helming the show on a permanent basis. I'm kind of surprised they didn't name Deputy Washington Managing Editor Bill Sammon, who was hired late this past summer.

In any event, I wish both Brit and Bret well as they enter new phases of their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older