Friday, January 29, 2010

Today at Disney's California Adventure

I've had to work the last couple weekends, so I was very glad when Friday arrived today and I could look forward to a visit to Disneyland and then a weekend off!

We stopped in at California Adventure first to take a look at the ongoing construction projects.

There are lots of signs in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area about the coming Red Cars:






The sun sets behind Mickey's Fun Wheel as work continues on one of the World of Color platforms at Paradise Pier (click to enlarge):


The Orange Stinger is happily gone and the Silly Symphony Swings are taking shape:


For those who are curious about Disneyland and wi-fi, I had heard there's not much available in the way of wi-fi at Disneyland so I took my iTouch along today to check it out. The only place I found non-password protected wi-fi so far was in the area of the Grand Californian Hotel, where I picked up wi-fi both inside California Adventure (near Grizzly Rapids) and near the World of Disney store and tram stop.

It would be nice if Disney would expand wi-fi to the parks so that guests can use free apps like MouseWait. Disney has an official park app but it's only available to Verizon customers.

After strolling through California Adventure for an hour or so, it was on to Disneyland...photos coming in another post!

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I really like the idea of the red cars.

I'll be going to Sunday after first service at church to attend the 5th Anniversary MiceChat Meet.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm excited about the Red Cars too. DCA is harder to get around than Disneyland, without the hub-and-spokes layout, and perhaps the Red Cars will make it easier. And they'll look great!

Have fun Sunday!

Best wishes,
Laura

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older