Sunday, June 22, 2014

Today at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure: Magical Moments

The weather in Orange County was simply beautiful today, hovering around 80 with a nice breeze. A perfect day to spend time with friends at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure!

After riding on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Disneyland we encountered this charming parade of geese walking through Frontierland.


They walked so far I think they might have been headed to the moat at Sleeping Beauty Castle!


The Disneyland Today Twitter account ReTweeted my Tweet of the geese, which resulted in over 110 Favorites and 24 RTs, not to mention a number of new followers. Thanks to Disneyland Today for my first "magical" moment of the day!


The next Magical Moment occurred when we were standing in Tomorrowland discussing where to go next. A Cast Member randomly walked up and inquired if we were a party of six. We said we were, and he presented us with a "Magical Moment" FastPass good on our choice of a ride in either of the two parks!


That was such an unexpected surprise, and I think it made the day extra-special for each of us! Kudos to Disney.

We decided to head for California Adventure...


...where I took my first ride on Tower of Terror in at least a couple of years. I'd forgotten how much fun it is! Here's a shot of the lobby in the Hollywood Tower Hotel:


We enjoyed a lovely lunch in Paradise Garden, complete with mariachi music, and then headed for the just-reopened Grizzly River Run.


We saved our special Magical Moment pass for this attraction, which meant we were on the ride in minutes instead of having to wait for an hour or so!


I Tweeted "We're about to get wettttttt!!!!!!" and indeed we did! Laughing the whole time. :)


Too soon it was time to head for home, but we'll be back often this summer!


Click on the above photo to enlarge it -- GRR is one of Disney's most beautiful rides.

Hope all my readers are enjoying a happy summer Sunday, wherever you may be today!

4 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I've been keeping track of that family of geese and can not believe how big the babies have gotten!

That Fast Pass random experience is new to me. But then I usually go by myself so I don't think they seek me out because I can always use the single rider line :)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Vintage Cameo said...

Ohhh I love the Tower of Terror—one of those well-designed attractions where the line is just as fun as the ride!

I need to get my annual pass back! :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Irene,

So nice to hear from you! That's really fun you've been able to see the same geese on your visits. Hope you get some unexpected "magic" one of these days!

Vintage Cameo, the ToT line really is impressive!! Hope you can visit soon.

Best wishes,
Laura

12:07 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Great update! I love Tower of Terror, though the Florida one is the best. I still had a great time on the one in DCA. I can't wait until I get back to Disneyland, though it will probably be a while.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older