Friday, July 29, 2016

A Visit to the Orange County Fair

My husband and I enjoyed an afternoon strolling the Orange County Fair today!


I think the last time we were there we were pushing a stroller, so considering our youngest child just graduated from high school, it had definitely been a while!


We had a good time, and I felt like there were more shady walkways since we visited years ago, which was nice given that it was a warm day.





We had a very good BBQ lunch which I enjoyed a lot...


...and I can't even remember the last time I had an Icee! That really hit the spot walking around on a warm afternoon.


My husband was curious about the deep-fried Twinkies we've heard are sold at fairs, so he tried one, and he thought it was really good.


More colorful food stands...you can get deep-fried anything and chocolate-covered anything (bacon!) at the fair.




I especially enjoyed looking at the animals and some of the other fair entries.




"As high as an elephant's eye!"


All in all it was a very nice afternoon and we walked a few miles taking in the sights, so it was a "win win."


We agreed that we won't wait as long next time for a return visit to the fair.

Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

Lovely pics!

I'd say that that corn was higher than a (sic) elephant's eye!

Thank you for sharing, Laura.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Mel! It's a lot of fun to share, and I'm so glad to know you enjoyed them!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older