Saturday, August 27, 2016

Disneyland: Summer Fun

A few days ago members of our family took the day off work and enjoyed a beautiful summer day at Disneyland. We arrived when the park opened and stayed until the fireworks had ended that evening!

Here are a few photos from a delightful day, beginning with this early morning view of the Rivers of America, close to the site of...


...Star Wars Land construction:


It was fun being able to photograph Fantasy Faire without anyone else there!


A closer look at the Rapunzel tower in the center of Fantasy Faire:


A quiet morning with Sleeping Beauty Castle hiding in the distance:


We went on one of my favorite rides, the Storybook Land Canal Boats.


This "quilt" seen on the Storybook Land ride was inspired by the Disney Silly Symphony LULLABYE LAND (1933), which coincidentally was released 83 years to the day before our visit. LULLABYE LAND may currently be seen on YouTube.


Another look at the quilt, with Cinderella's Castle and the Casey Jr. Circus Train in the background:


King Arthur's Carrousel awaits passengers:


This carrousel horse is Jingles, dedicated to Julie Andrews in appreciation for her work as the park's 50th anniversary ambassador.


A look at some of the details on Jingles. I attended the 2008 dedication of Jingles with Julie Andrews present; photos are here.


I took my first ride on the Autopia in a long time!


Snow White's Grotto is one of the prettiest spots in the park. The original marble statues were removed for safekeeping in 1982 and replaced with replicas; my photo of of the originals, displayed at the 2013 D23 Expo, may be seen here.


Pixie Hollow is one of the most beautifully landscaped spots in the park:


Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger KC said...

Lovely! We're finally taking the girls to Disneyland next year. I'm going to be bugging for tips on how to navigate it all :-)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

What exciting news, KC! I'd be delighted to help answer questions as you start to make plans. You're going to have a wonderful time!

Best wishes,
Laura

12:41 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I'm finally going back to Disneyland this Wednesday - I've been blocked out most of the Summer. Had to downgrade my Pass to the lowest one due to the insane price increases! But I did enjoy myself over at Knotts where they were doing Ghost Town Alive which was well done and I very much enjoyed :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Glad you're unblocked now and can enjoy the park again, Irene! Sounds like you were having a good time at Knott's in the meantime. I haven't been there since my daughter worked there for a summer several years back! Will have to go check it out at some point. Was glad to see they have overhauled Ghost Rider.

Best wishes,
Laura

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older