Sunday, June 25, 2017

Back From the Road!

I'm back from a wonderful road trip!


The highlight of our trip, and the reason behind it, was our younger daughter's graduation from the University of Oregon.

The main graduation ceremony was in the Matthew Knight Arena:



Two years ago our daughter and her husband had a wedding cake with a TANGLED (2010) theme. For graduation she further paid tribute to her love for Disney (and Pixar!) with an UP (2009) theme on her cap.


We have just one child left to graduate college, our son who will be a sophomore at UC San Diego this year, and then they'll all be done!

As I mentioned in a previous post, we drove to Oregon via San Francisco, then traveled home through the Sierras.


In the coming days I'll be sharing a series of photo posts, including shots of the remarkable Walt Disney Family Museum, several San Francisco classic film locations, and other miscellaneous "photos from the road."


I've also completed writing several movie reviews which will be appearing throughout this coming week. As the saying goes, please stay tuned!

Update: Tonight's Movie: Summer Magic (1963) at the Walt Disney Family Museum; Photos From the Road: Owen Rose Garden in Eugene, Oregon; Photos From the Road: San Francisco and High Sierra Movie Locations; Photos From the Road: San Francisco; Photos From the Road: Highway 395 and More.

5 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

Nice news, and great pictures, as always.

Thank you, Laura. I'm looking forward to the next ones.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Jerry E said...

Welcome home, Laura! I very much look forward to further 'road' pictures. Looks terrific.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Vienna said...

What beautiful photos. I look forward to your further posts.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Glad you had a nice trip, and welcome home. I've been checking every day to see if you are back :) Looking forward to the Disney Family Museum photos and commentary. I visited there in 2012 and loved it! Liked the UP! tribute on her mortarboard ;)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you all very much for the good wishes and kind words! I'm glad to be back, and I'm looking forward to sharing more. Thanks to all for readin!

Irene, I'm so glad to know you've been to the Disney Family Museum! It was amazing.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older